Have you noticed the color of the circuit board? Many people may be asking: Why are PCBs green? Actually, the circuit board colors we see are solder mask colors. The solder mask, or solder resist, can prevent the occurrence of wrong soldering of the components, delay the device's service life, and prevent the oxidation and corrosion of the device circuit. If you have a better understanding of electronic products, you will find that the PCB color is generally green. So why are PCBs green?
After reading this article, you will get an in-depth insight into the significance of choosing green circuit boards. Therefore, we shall cover three following questions:
● Why are circuit boards green?
● What are the applications of green PCBs?
● What are other colors available in PCB manufacturing?
On your request, PCBasic can manufacture PCBs in all colors, whether green, white, red, blue, or yellow. Subsequently, you can order bespoke or corporate color circuit boards.
The green circuit board is a signature color similar to other boards in terms of performance and manufacturing process. This is the color that distinguishes it from the rest of the printed circuit boards.
● It doesn't allow solder bridges to form between IC pins
● Provides moisture resistance
● Minimizes short circuits in PCB assembly
Simultaneously, in industrial electronics, the use of green circuits is evident in the following equipment:
● Control Systems
● Manufacturing equipment
● Similarly, automation, where we need greater precision
5. Green epoxy resin is more common and affordable than other colored resins. The green circuit board has become a standard in the manufacturing industry. The composition of economical materials has made green PCB a default choice for every PCB manufacturer.
● Design requirements
Let's read a short brief on green circuit board alternative colors:
1. White PCBs: White PCBs provide an aesthetic and clean look. They are often used when we need high contrast with components, labels, and solder markings.
2. Blue PCBs: Blue PCBs are standard in consumer electronics, where visual appeal matters greatly.
3. Black PCBs: Black PCBs have a higher consumption rate in equipment such as gaming PCs, high-end electronics, and motherboards.
4. Red PCBs: Red PCBs are suitable for customization and branding. They often serve to match a company's logo or product theme, making them distinctive and memorable.
5. Yellow PCBs: Yellow PCBs often show safety and warning signs. Furthermore, they can highlight critical zones and components.
Green PCBs have multiple layers of materials like other circuit boards. A green circuit board often consists of the base material (substrate), copper foil, green solder mask, and silkscreen.
Prevanalysis of pcb short circuit after wave soldering